Looking for alternative breakfast options?
I love eggs and oatmeal and granola, but sometimes, these foods can be hard to digest and often create bloating and even inflammation. I am not 100% paleo, but I do know that when I eat fewer grains, I feel better, lose weight and feel less puffy.
Health Benefits of Chia Seeds
- Helps control appetite and balances blood sugar.
- High in fiber, protein, minerals and antioxidants.
- Improves mood, memory and over all energy.
- High in anti-inflammatory omega 3’s.
- Improves digestion
- Reduces sugar cravings.
- Known to lower cholesterol and blood pressure.
Chia Pudding is a favorite stand by for anytime nourishment. Here are some of the ways I use it:
- Add it to my green smoothie to thicken and add protein.
- Make a breakfast porridge by adding fresh/dried fruits, nuts and seeds (can be served warm or cold).
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of canned pumpkin, some maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon) for a soothing bedtime snack.
- Add some raw cacao and raw honey for chocolate chia pudding (can be served warm or cold).
PS: When I first tried this recipe while attending Integrative Nutrition, I wasn’t a big fan. The consistency was a bit strange and it didn’t have much flavor; however, I kept reading about this amazing super food and continued to experiment with it. I began to notice the benefits and loved how it made me feel. I kept playing with it, because I am committed to nourishing myself in a way that allows me to look and feel amazing.