#betterthan Nourish Yourself Shower Spritzer
I couldn’t swim.
That’s what I remember being frustrated by the most.
I had been eating clean for awhile and feeling incredible results… and yet my eczema had returned with the winter wind.
Which meant: itchy, raw skin, feeling like a raisin, and worst of all… no swimming for this mermaid wanna be.
Have you ever had your health keep you from doing what you love? I hear you on so many levels.
Even if you’ve never had eczema, I bet you’ve been missing those supple summer skin days lately!
Winter can be really rough on your skin. The weather, weakened immune systems, and too many high carb winter comfort foods mean dry, rough and tight skin.
Not to worry, The Healthy Godmother’s got your back. And the rest of your skin, too!
Here are 5 Ways to Nourish Your Winter Skin
Remember… your skin is an organ, so consider it part of the whole system that is your body.
1. Eat More Fat
- Take clean, quality fish oil. (Not sure which one to use? Send me a message and I’ll hook you up.)
- Use coconut oil when cooking, add to a smoothie or even just eat a spoonful of it.
- Add avocado to eggs, salads and other dishes.
2. Drink More Water
- Staying hydrated is key. Drink half your weight in ounces daily!
3. Feed Your Gut
- Improve gut health and overall immune system with quality probiotics. I know, choosing a “good probiotic” can be tricky. I can help here too. Let me know if you would like a recommendation.
Now for the Outside In:
4. Use a quality moisturizer with clean, non-toxic ingredients.
5. Take a soothing bath using apple cider vinegar and Epsom salts.
Don’t have time for a bath everyday?
What if I told you that can get the healing benefits of these common ingredients with a lil alchemy, lots of love and a spray bottle.
Yup, it’s time to whip up a magic potion for you to spritz yourself in the shower!
Think science class, but so much #betterthan.
- 1 Large Spray Bottle Get a good quality one, from the hardware store or Bed Bath & Beyond.
- 1 Cup Epsom Salts Magnesium-so good for calming and relaxing your central nervous system, removes toxins and decreases inflammation in joints.
- 1 Bottle Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar Cleansing and detoxifying, nourishes the skin, anti-fungal.
- 5-10 Drops Essential Oil of Choice Added healing support, and improves the scent.
- Pour epsom salts into bottle.
- Fill 1/3 of the way with HOT water. Shake until salts has dissolved.
- Fill to top with Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Give it a shake and place in shower. Then spritz yourself all over while in the shower. Allow to sit on your skin for 30 seconds to a minute. I use this time to let my conditioner do it's thing and stand under the water with one hand on my heart and one hand on my belly and just breathe it all in. It's a way to ground and center for the day and soak in my guilt-free self-care.
- Nourish Yourself For Life. Because you can't pour from an empty cup and I know you want to show up looking and feeling amazing.
- PS: Side effects may also include, improved mood, decreased level of burnout and increased energy.