Eggnog latte anyone?
I mean seriously. They are so yummy.
It’s comfort food for me. The vanilla, the nutmeg, the creaminess. #drool
But here’s the thing…
…even when it’s quality espresso,
…made with a non dairy nut milk of your choice,
…and half the amount of flavor pumps,
There are still tons of not so figure flattering calories,
…inflammation causing processed sugars and often high fructose corn syrup,
…and caffeine that wreaks with your adrenal glands and blood sugars.
Meet my #betterthan eggnog late.
Every bit of the sweet, frothy goodness, but none of the other stuff that leaves you reaching for more sugar and caffeine once the ride is over.
This is about creating a long term relationship with sustainable energy and joy; not a quick fix and then dump you off after an hour feeling tired and ready for a nap.
This is about enjoying and nourishing with comfort food that fills you up and keeps you going.
- 1 Bag Yogi Vanilla Spice Tea You can use any black/spice tea that you enjoy, I love this one because of all the additional herbs like ashwanganda to support your adrenals.
- 2 Bags Chai Tea
- 2 Medjool Dates Remove the pits.
- 2 Tablespoons Chia Pudding Recipe Here: http://nourishyourselfforlife.com/chia-pudding/
- 3/4 Cup Almond/Coconut Milk Egg Nog I used Califia Farms Brand
- 1 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Vanila
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon Optional
- 1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- Boil 6 Ounces of water.
- Place tea bags and dates in mugs.
- Brew tea and soak dates for 2-3 minutes.
- While tea is steeping, add chia pudding, eggnog, vanilla, coconut oil and spices to blender.
- Once tea is well stepped, add to blender.
- Blend well and pour the frothy goodness!
- Sprinkle foam with nutmeg and savor every sip.