Ferns. Every Spring I watched my Great Grandmother pick and eat ferns. I thought she was crazy.
She ate dandelion greens too. Turns out this wise old women knew something about nourishing herself; because I eat both of these this time of year!
Nourishing Benefits of Fiddle Heads:
- Rich in the anti-oxidant Vitamin A and Beta Carotene, which converts to Vitamin A in the body which supports skin vitality and can prevent certain types of cancer.
- Great balance of Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids which help manage inflammation and auto-immune responses and support heart health.
- Full of Vitamin C to support your immune system.
- Great source of minerals and electrolytes such as potassium, iron, manganese and copper;which help support health thyroid function and reduce symptoms of anemia.
- Local, hand picked, comfort food.